Harness the power of the sun by traveling with a solar backpack.
Don’t just travel in style but travel smart with a solar-powered backpack. This type of backpack comes with basic solar power equipment like a solar panel, battery pack, and converter to convert solar energy to electrical energy. With this bag, you can charge basic devices like your smartphone, smartwatch, music player, wireless headphones, and other battery-operated devices.
A solar backpack is handy if you plan to travel to remote areas where you might not be able to charge your device. With this bag, you can also store energy in its battery so you can have more power to use later. Consider a solar backpack with a lot of awesome features and the best price, just like our top ten best solar backpacks.
List of the best solar backpacks of 2020
1. Sunnybag Iconic Solar Backpack
The Sunnybag is a solar charger and backpack that will let you charge your mobile devices on the go. Your bag has convenient solar cells mounted at the back, so it can capture the sun’s rays and turn this into useful electrical energy. It can charge digital cameras, smartphones, smartwatches, other mobile devices, and even your power bank. The solar panel will deliver you 7-watts of power with 22.4% efficiency. You can charge a smartphone in just 2 hours under direct sunlight. This 20 L bag is very robust and is ideal for commuting. You can carry your laptop inside the padded laptop section, or you can use this to carry school items, books, and more.
Conclusion: The Sunnybag solar-powered backpack is large, can fit a 17” laptop as well as other supplies you may want to carry. And of course, it has an integrated solar charger with safe and strong solar cells. You can charge your mobile devices and power banks from this solar charger that delivers 7 watts power. It is robust, easy to take anywhere, has padded shoulder straps, and secure zippers. It may be the solar backpack you have been looking for.
• Compatible with all mobile devices
• Delivers 7 watts power to your devices
• Can charge a smartphone to full in two hours
• Large 20L bag with structured spaces
• Well-padded, safety zippers, good shoulder straps
• Will charge only one device at a time
2. ECEEN Solar Backpack 7W Solar Panel Charger for Cell Phones
The ECEEN solar backpack is a solar charger bag that will charge your devices on the go and is said to be the perfect backpack for any outdoorsman. It has a lot of storage space, pockets, and various compartments to keep your travel items like maps, passports, travel documents, and money. It is ideal for trekking, fishing, biking, or camping. It carries 7 watts of high-efficiency solar panels from Sunpower, which is a brand from the USA. It offers 22% efficiency and has a protective scratchproof surface in PVC fabric for durability.
You can charge any mobile device using a 5V USB port. It is light, durable, and made from water-resistant material. To enhance this bag, the many stress points are supported by bar tracks.
Conclusion: The ECEEN solar backpack is a bag with removable solar panels. The panels are in a protected shell made of PVC fabric with a scratchproof surface. You can charge all kinds of mobile devices on this efficient solar charger with a 22% efficiency. It has many compartments and pockets to keep all kinds of items and valuables. It may be the solar-powered bag you need for your next outdoor adventure.
• Charges devices on the go
• Solar panels are removable
• You can charge different devices
• Large bag with plenty of pockets and storage
• Bag reinforced for durability
• Slow charging
• Pockets don’t hold very well
3. ECEEN Solar Backpack Foldable Hiking Daypack
The ECEEN is a portable solar-powered backpack charger that can charge your devices on the go. The manufacturer claims that this backpack can charge an Android phone in three hours, an iPhone for three hours, and an iPad for six hours. It is a large-capacity backpack that can carry up to 30L. It has pockets and compartments galore so you can stay organized even on the road. Also, this is a foldable day backpack. When you’re done, you can remove the solar panels and fold the backpack to a small-sized bag. You can take this anywhere and still be able to charge your devices with ease.
Conclusion: The ECEEN foldable day backpack can be folded into a very small bag after your hike. When unfolded, it offers plenty of space with its many pockets and compartments. The solar-powered charging set can charge devices fast with smartphones up to 3 hours only. It is great for hiking, a day at the beach, to school, or to work, and best of all, you will never run out of power on the road.
• Can fold into a very small bag
• Can charge devices fast
• You can organize your stuff well
• A good day backpack
• With 30 L capacity
• Straps not padded enough
• The backpack is too large as a day bag
• You can charge one device at a time
4. XD Design Bobby Tech Anti-Theft Backpack
The XD Design backpack is an anti-theft and solar-powered backpack with hidden zippers. It is made from polyester, so it’s waterproof and splash-proof and is easy to clean. It is a convenient solar-powered bag that can charge a smartphone in 3.5 hours under a sunny spot. It comes with a USB charging port with regular as well as Type C ports. Inside the bag are adjustable compartments to organize all your stuff. It can fit 15.6” size laptops, and it can accommodate up to 18L. You will also be happy to know that this is an eco-bag made from recycled materials, so you’re helping save the planet when you use this bag.
Conclusion: The XD Design backpack is designed to spoil thieves with its secret pocket design and to provide charging power on the go on a sunny day. It has a medium-capacity and can hold only a limited amount of items. It is an anti-theft backpack with its hidden zippers. It is made from recycled materials, and this is a huge plus.
• With additional Type C ports for charging
• Can charge a smartphone to full in 3.5 hours
• With adjustable interior compartments
• With anti-theft features
• Padded shoulder straps
• Limited capacity
• Material is not stretchable
5. HAWEEL Flexible Solar Panel Power Backpack
The HAWEEL solar panel power backpack can be used for backpacking, biking, camping, or hiking. It has an attached solar panel that can help you charge your devices so you’ll never out in the wilderness without a charge. It has a large main compartment that can fit laptops up to 17″ size and different items. It can also carry your backpacking items like food, safety supplies, and books. The solar panel is water-resistant and can withstand shock and drops. You can also protect your devices as they charge by tucking them inside the compartments found near the charging port.
Conclusion:The HAWEEL solar backpack is spacious, easy to carry with padded shoulder straps, and has many compartments for your stuff. It has a solar power panel that can deliver 14 watts of power to charge all kinds of devices. And because this is a backpacking bag, it can carry a lot of stuff and is made from durable materials. This is your solar backpack for outdoor activities and adventures.
• Hold more backpacking supplies
• With 14-watts solar power panels
• Charge all kinds of devices
• Solar panels water-resistant and durable
• Large interior compartments
• Charges too slow
6. FARAZ Solar Backpack Waterproof and Anti-Theft
Stop thieves and have the power to charge your devices anywhere with the FARAZ solar backpack. This is a solar backpack with 6 watts output that can charge two or more devices at a time. The bag has multiple compartments so you can stay organized on the road. It is easy to carry and comfortable on the back and shoulders, even when full. Finally, it has anti-theft features with a zipper that you can’t see. It is also waterproof and splash-proof to protect your electronics.
Conclusion: The FARAZ backpack has anti-theft features and can charge your devices on the go with its solar panels. It is a modern backpack that’s well-padded, with plenty of compartments to store your stuff and is always on the go. It can be the backpack you have been looking for.
• With anti-theft zippers
• With thick padding and is waterproof
• Can charge two or mode devices at a time
• With several compartments inside
• Can carry a large laptop
Charges well only under direct sunlight
7. XTPower Hiking Solar Backpack
The XTPower Hiking Solar Backpack is easy on the back even when it’s carrying a lot of stuff. It has removable solar panels with a 7-watt output. Under direct sunlight, these solar panels can capture sunlight and use this to charge all kinds of devices. The solar cells are protected by a scratch-proof surface and may be removed when not in use.
Conclusion: The XTPower hiking solar backpack offers a lot of space, easy to use solar power charging, and ergonomic bag details. It is robust, light, and flexible. You can use this for all kinds of activities outdoors so you’ll never run out of charge.
• Large-capacity backpack
• With plenty of pockets and compartments
• Removable solar cells
• You can charge all kinds of devices
• For all kinds of outdoor activities
• You can only charge one device at a time
8. ECEEN Solar Hiking Backpack
Enjoy the outdoors and never run out of charge again with the ECEEN solar hiking backpack. It is a 10 W solar charger that can charge all kinds of devices and can be used to school, the office, or when you are in the outdoors. It has a 5V USB port and voltage stability features to prevent harmful, damaging currents that affect your devices. It is a durable bag, easy to carry and hold over your shoulders and thus a good bag to take outdoors.
Conclusion: The ECEEN solar hiking backpack has larger and higher capacity charging and has a voltage stability control. It is very durable, made of strong materials, and is well-padded. It could be the solar backpack you have been looking for.
• Durable, easy to carry around
• Well-padded shoulder straps
• Large solar panels for increased output
• With voltage stability controls
• With more compartments and pockets
• Charges slowly
• Can accommodate only one device
9. SolarGoPack 10k Solar Powered Backpack
The SolarGoPack is a durable backpack that comes with a solar panel to charge your devices anywhere under the sun. It can charge all kinds of devices and can charge devices at the same time. It comes with a 10,000 mAh lithium-ion battery and a removable solar panel so you can keep this when not in use. It is a 27L backpack and can be used to school, to the office, music festivals, and more.
Conclusion: The SolarGoPack lets you carry your stuff to school to the office or as you travel with its 27L capacity. It has solar power panels and a charging station that will let you charge any kind of mobile device. It may not be too big, but it makes it perfect for carrying for school or at the office.
• Made from durable fabric
• With removable solar panels
• Can charge all kinds of phones and devices
• With compartments and pockets
• Can take time charging
• Limited ergonomic design
10. SolarGoPack Solar Powered Backpack
This is another SolarGoPack, but this time it has more space to take more stuff. It has a 7-watt solar panel that can generate enough power from the sun to charge a 10,000 mAh battery. It has plenty of space, is lightweight and stylish. You can use this to school, to the office or as you travel.
Conclusion: The SolarGoPack has a different design with 7 watts power on the solar panels. It can charge all kinds of devices and has room for many stuff and even a laptop. It is handy to take anywhere and could be the solar backpack for you.
• With removable solar panels
• Can charge all kinds of devices
• Made from durable and stylish materials
• With plenty of pockets and compartments
• With padded interiors and shoulder straps
• Can charge only one device at a time
If you’re buying a solar backpack, take note of the following tips
• Consider it’s charging capacity: You can tell how fast or how slow a solar backpack is to charge devices from its output. Likely, you can only charge one device at a time in bags with smaller solar panels and smaller batteries than those with large panels. The charging panel should be removable so you can place it on a sunny spot while on camp and charge your devices away.
• Consider the material: The bag material should be durable, easy to clean, and should be flexible. The solar panels should be encased in PVC material for enhanced safety.
• Pockets galore: A solar backpack is primarily a bag, so it has to have plenty of storage to keep your supplies and your electronic gadgets.
• Consider the bag’s security features: Anti-theft features are a blessing. This helps a lot when you commute or travel to unknown, unsafe places like cities and subways.
The Sunnybag solar-powered backpack is our top solar backpack. It is large, can fit a 17” laptop and other supplies. It has an integrated solar charger with safe solar cells. You can charge your devices and power banks from its solar panel with an output of 7 watts power. This backpack is durable, easy to take anywhere, with padded shoulder straps and secure zippers. This could be the solar backpack you’ve been looking for. If you think of a Sunny biking trip with a solar-powered backpack, we also introduce a list of camping bivy sacks and best bike lights to make your night comfortable too.